Gynesonics is currently hiring for the following positions:
Job Title: Clinical Specialist
Status: Salaried Exempt
Compensation Type: Salary, Bonus, Equity
The Clinical Specialist (CS) will be responsible for the effective training and support of gynecologists and hospital staff in clinical procedures with the Sonata System for treating uterine fibroids. Travel within the United States is required and could include travel to Europe and Asia to support clinical activities.
- Optimizing patient outcomes and experience. This is what drives everything we do in the training and support of the physicians and teams providing the Sonata treatment.
- Be a champion for the patient, the physician, the hospital staff and for Gynesonics in all your actions and words.
- Demonstrate mastery the technical operation and clinical application of the Sonata System and procedure, including system trouble shooting
- Perform physician training in the safe and effective operation of the Sonata System
- Perform In-service training for OR staff, practice and hospital sonographers and central processing staff
- Constantly reinforce the importance of patient selection and product application with respect to intended use, warnings, and contraindications
- Perform installation of systems at customer sites as required.
- Support early case experience as a clinical and technical resource, while encouraging surgeon and staff to rapidly develop the ability to confidence to perform all aspects of the procedure independently.
- Support field staff as the clinical application and technical expert resource
- Establish and nurture positive relationships with customer sites and field staff. Always remember the responsible TM is the primary contact and communication conduit for our customer sites.
- Effectively support any ongoing clinical research initiatives at customer sites.
- Provide timely feedback to the home office, including user feedback and any technical or other concerns as required by the quality system
- Exhibit professionalism through appearance and ethical conduct with a positive attitude.
- Be able to travel extensively and at short notice to cover cases. Up to 80% travel in peak periods.
- Follow through on tasks assigned with limited supervision
- Provide timely and comprehensive communications on all clinical support activities and other field initiatives.
- Anticipate evolving conditions and needs, develop, and implement strategies and tactics to meet challenges and achieve Gynesonics operating objectives
- Accept additional projects as assigned by Director, Global Clinical Applications, and the Director, European Sales & Operations
Education, Skills, and Experience Required:
Education / Formal Training
- AA (or equivalent) required
- Certification as ultrasound technologist preferred
- BS/BA in scientific/technical field preferred
Competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities):
- 3-5 years of experience as a clinical specialist required
- Ability to interpret sonography and experience with radiofrequency ablation devices desired
- Experience in the gynecology discipline preferred
- Experience in conducting clinical trials preferred
- Must be able to travel, work flexibly, and live within easy access of a major hub airport
- Good communication, problem solving, and interpersonal relationship skills are must haves
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a small company environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are required
- Skills with essential communication methods/software including Word, Excel, email
- General medical devices and specific or similar medical devices experience required.
Gynesonics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.