so∙na∙ta noun \sә-‘nä-tә\
As with a musical work of several different sections for one or more instruments, the Sonata System elegantly combines ultrasound imaging with delivery of energy for treatment in a single hand-held medical device.
The Sonata [Sonography-Guided Transcervical Fibroid Ablation] System is an advanced technology platform integrating miniaturized sonographic guidance with radiofrequency ablation in a single delivery system. This allows the transcervical treatment of a wide range of fibroid types and sizes.
An alterative to more invasive surgical procedures, the Sonata System offers an incisionless option designed to ablate uterine fibroids, thereby reducing fibroid volume and alleviating associated heavy menstrual bleeding.
The Sonata System has CE Mark and is approved for sale in the European Union.
The benefits of the Sonata System include:
- A uterine-preserving, incisionless alternative to hysterectomy and myomectomy
- A proprietary radiofrequency system to deliver predictable ablations to a wide range of fibroids
- Transcervical delivery to avoid the peritoneal cavity and tissue morcellation
- Not associated with post-embolization syndrome
Sonata is SMART: Setting Margins of Ablation in Real Time
The SMART™ Guide displays a real-time graphic overlay on the live ultrasound image for targeting and deployment of radiofrequency ablation.
The graphic overlay is controlled by the operator using the RFA handpiece to determine:
- Size and location of ablation
- Mechanical stops for Introducer and Needle Electrode advancement
- Duration of radiofrequency energy delivery
The Ablation Zone (red ellipse) – a two-dimensional representation of the average region of tissue ablation for the selected ablation size.
Thermal Safety Border (green ellipse) – the distance at which tissue is safe from the potential of thermal damage.